Sub Menu
Suche

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

ed2k Loader Beta

Re: ed2k Loader Beta

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Mi 8. Aug 2012, 20:54

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:1. What did you like?

* the upload system
* simplicity
* options without icons
* something is definitely alive

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:2. What did you not like?

* missing kad window and log pane ... sometimes i like to watch the wheels turn
* missing 'Connect' button ... i like to have this option, instead of automatically connect at start
* isn't ed2k eD2k?
* not convinced by the name+Loader at all, i like rather variations like kMule or whatever(matter of taste)

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:3. What could be added/improved?

my "must have's" in my modifications
*DownloadListCtrl.cpp ... as last condition, to override other possible color options
Code: Alles auswählen
   if (content->type == FILE_TYPE)
   {
      if (!g_bLowColorDesktop && (lpDrawItemStruct->itemState & ODS_SELECTED) == 0) {
         DWORD dwCatColor = thePrefs.GetCatColor(((/*const*/ CPartFile*)content->value)->GetCategory(), COLOR_WINDOWTEXT);
         if (dwCatColor > 0)
            dc.SetTextColor(dwCatColor);

// ==> jerry : ColorPreviewReadyFiles
         if(thePrefs.GetColorPreviewReadyFiles() && ((/*const*/ CPartFile*)content->value)->IsReadyForPreview())
            dc->SetTextColor(thePrefs.m_crColorPreviewReadyFiles);
         // <== jerry : ColorPreviewReadyFiles
      }

*annoying ... (mis)placement/size of the lower panes in the transfers window when in Split Window mode .. i think i even mentioned it on official forum
IDC_DOWNLOADLIST : ,5,17,250,32
IDC_CLIENTLIST : ,4,119,251,36
IDC_QUEUELIST : ,4,119,251,36
IDC_UPLOADLIST : ,4,119,251,36
IDC_DOWNLOADCLIENTS : ,4,119,251,36
i usually removed the side frames completely in the past, but now i stick to 3 pixels frame ,3,17,251,32
(as the loss of space does not bother me on 24" screen anymore :crazy: )
needs some little refinement in TransferWnd.cpp too

not really a musthave's but nice to have
*IP2Country
*FriendNote
*ChatLog
*ATWL

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:Thx in advance :lol:

You're WELCOME thx

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: WiZaRd » Mi 8. Aug 2012, 21:57

@SS1900:
SOTN is already active :lol:
autoHL may be an option, indeed :schalk
SLS is (IMHO) nonsense

jerrybg hat geschrieben:* missing 'Connect' button ... i like to have this option, instead of automatically connect at start

Any (sensible) reason for that? Keep in mind that we wanted to make the client easy-to-use out-of-the-box :)
* isn't ed2k eD2k?

Yeeees?
* not convinced by the name+Loader at all, i like rather variations like kMule or whatever(matter of taste)

Well, it was/is just the working title, we are open for suggestions (see "ESEL" on the last page) :)

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:my "must have's" in my modifications
*DownloadListCtrl.cpp ... as last condition, to override other possible color options
Code: Alles auswählen
   if (content->type == FILE_TYPE)
   {
      if (!g_bLowColorDesktop && (lpDrawItemStruct->itemState & ODS_SELECTED) == 0) {
         DWORD dwCatColor = thePrefs.GetCatColor(((/*const*/ CPartFile*)content->value)->GetCategory(), COLOR_WINDOWTEXT);
         if (dwCatColor > 0)
            dc.SetTextColor(dwCatColor);

// ==> jerry : ColorPreviewReadyFiles
         if(thePrefs.GetColorPreviewReadyFiles() && ((/*const*/ CPartFile*)content->value)->IsReadyForPreview())
            dc->SetTextColor(thePrefs.m_crColorPreviewReadyFiles);
         // <== jerry : ColorPreviewReadyFiles
      }

*annoying ... (mis)placement/size of the lower panes in the transfers window when in Split Window mode .. i think i even mentioned it on official forum
IDC_DOWNLOADLIST : ,5,17,250,32
IDC_CLIENTLIST : ,4,119,251,36
IDC_QUEUELIST : ,4,119,251,36
IDC_UPLOADLIST : ,4,119,251,36
IDC_DOWNLOADCLIENTS : ,4,119,251,36
i usually removed the side frames completely in the past, but now i stick to 3 pixels frame ,3,17,251,32
(as the loss of space does not bother me on 24" screen anymore :crazy: )
needs some little refinement in TransferWnd.cpp too

Might be changed/added... we'll see :lol:

*IP2Country
*FriendNote
*ChatLog
*ATWL

ATWL? IP2Country is nice but I don't know if the default user needs it?
Friendnote may be added, what do you mean by "chatlog"?

PS: Funny... one "thumbs up" and one "thumbs down" for the upload system :S
Bild

... 9 von 10 Stimmen im meinem Kopf sagen ich bin nicht verrückt... - die 10te summt die Melodie von TETRIS
WiZaRd
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Mi 8. Aug 2012, 22:34

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:
jerrybg hat geschrieben:* missing 'Connect' button ... i like to have this option, instead of automatically connect at start

Any (sensible) reason for that? Keep in mind that we wanted to make the client easy-to-use out-of-the-box :)

i know i know, i just like to have some control over some things, and you can sometimes want to do something with mule before it connects to network

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:

Well, it was/is just the working title, we are open for suggestions (see "ESEL" on the last page) :)

i have seen ;) you asked

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:
my "must have's" in my modifications

Might be changed/added... we'll see :lol:

would be GREAT, in fact, might spare me doing "mine" at all :beach:
i can live without ModelessDialogs, and other things i used to forced in everywhere :lol:

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:

*IP2Country
*FriendNote
*ChatLog
*ATWL

ATWL? IP2Country is nice but I don't know if the default user needs it?
Friendnote may be added, what do you mean by "chatlog"?

ATWL .. AdvancedTransferWindowLayout[Stulle]
IP2Country .. default user definitely NOT, but it's nice
ChatLog .. [CiccioBastardo]// <CB Mod : ChatLog : Date 11.07.07> .. sometimes nice/useful .. not for default user either

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:PS: Funny... one "thumbs up" and one "thumbs down" for the upload system :S

yesss, funny :crazy: (i know it wasn't meant for me to answer this)

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: Tuxman » Mi 8. Aug 2012, 23:10

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:SLS is (IMHO) nonsense

Depends on your usage. On a laptop it can come in rather handy.
Ein intelligenter Mensch ist manchmal gezwungen, sich zu betrinken, um Zeit mit Narren zu verbringen.
(E. Hemingway)
Tuxman
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Mi 8. Aug 2012, 23:24

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:3. What could be added/improved?

the update system
1st ..
it asks you, whether you want to download new version, with a note that restart will be "required".
Usually it means that YOU will have to restart the application after the new version is downloaded in order to finish update.
Instead, unexpectedly, the MULE force ITSELF to close after the new version is downloaded.
Not good as user might be in way up in some important queue, and ....

2nd ..
the new version is downloaded in Incoming folder, from where it's copied to parrent folder where it replace the older executable,
which is then renamed for backup purposes(nice touch, perhaps could be renamed with version number?)
But initially downloaded new executable still resides in Incoming folder and get's shared. Unintentionally, or is it not?
Perhaps for the release version, but now we share private beta

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: WiZaRd » Do 9. Aug 2012, 08:05

That is very strange as the update file SHOULD be deleted after update :unsure:
I added some confirmation for the restart after update and your layout fix. I will also add some kind of coloring for the "preview ready" files but I have 2 remarks:
1st you should use an else-clause because otherwise you may overwrite cat colors. 2nd I don't think you should set the text color at all... I guess I will draw the background or similar :)
Bild

... 9 von 10 Stimmen im meinem Kopf sagen ich bin nicht verrückt... - die 10te summt die Melodie von TETRIS
WiZaRd
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Do 9. Aug 2012, 18:34

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:That is very strange as the update file SHOULD be deleted after update :unsure:

yes, in fact, it was not for the first time i noticed, but didn't think much of it at first. anyone else experiencing this issues?

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:I added some confirmation for the restart after update and your layout fix. I will also add some kind of coloring for the "preview ready" files but I have 2 remarks:
1st you should use an else-clause because otherwise you may overwrite cat colors. 2nd I don't think you should set the text color at all... I guess I will draw the background or similar :)

1st ... the cat colors were none of my concern, not using cat colors, made it the way it would overrule other colors, but thanks for the tip

2nd ... sounds great ... with color selector in Files PPg? :misc-worshippy:

great thx

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: WiZaRd » Do 9. Aug 2012, 19:34

Pref option may come later... I rather want to REMOVE even more unnecessary pref settings (talking about colors... those could be removed, too), but I think I could make an .ini entry for it.
Bild

WiZaRd
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Do 9. Aug 2012, 19:51

WiZaRd hat geschrieben:Pref option may come later... I rather want to REMOVE even more unnecessary pref settings (talking about colors... those could be removed, too), but I think I could make an .ini entry for it.

i for one would be certainly satisfied

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Do 9. Aug 2012, 20:13

when the upload limit is not in place, the "empty" rectangle for ratio smile partially overshadows the frame and the slider

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Clients